Writing papers is at the heart of our craft as CHI researchers. Knowing what reviewers are looking for in a paper helps us write and structure papers more clearly. Yet, skillful writing sometimes seems ephemeral to us when trying to structure our research ideas around what we perceive as the CHI community’s demands. I am excited to be teaching this course again as we have a unique chance for sharing knowledge around creating successful CHI papers.
To accompany this course, I am also offering the following options:
- How to Write CHI Papers Email List
- How to Write CHI Paper Podcast (Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts)
- Subscribe to my channel on YouTube and Vimeo
Course Schedule (EST timezone)
- 11:00-12:00 Unit 1: Structure and Style, Miro board
- 12:00-12:30 BLinner Break with Video
- 12:30-14:00 Unit 2: Abstract and Intro Exercise
- 14:00-14:30 Coffee Chat
- 14:30-15:30 Unit 3: Fundamental Discussion
- 15:30-16:00 Coffee Chat
- 16:00-17:00 Unit 4: Bullet Pointing to Polish Exercise
EMBEDDED SLIDES GOES HERE
Get access to the extended online course ‘How to Write Better Research Papers’ based on this CHI course.
Join UX rockstars learning about games, research, and writing
Each Tuesday, I will send you tips for UX in game research and design. And once a month, I will send you emails about academic writing.
No hassle, no selling your information, no spam. You can unsubscribe anytime.